Saturday, January 21, 2017

Disney Days! Part 3

IMG_5349
Some YMCA action at the Christmas party (yes, I know these pictures are all kinds of out of order, thanks Flickr). YMCA has been a popular song around here, ever since this dance party!
IMG_5220
IMG_5216
My girls have almost (sadly) outgrown the little circus area in Magic Kingdom. My mommy heart almost broke when they pronounced their beloved Barnstormer as "boring". We rode that a hundred times the last time we went!! Anyway, they put this new waiting area in for the Dumbo ride so I made everyone go in and check it out. For the bulk of the wait line, they give you a pager like at the restaurants, and the kids can play in this big play area. When it's your turn to get back in line, the pager lights up. It was brilliant and the kids love it, so well done, Disney. They've really added a lot of waiting line activities over the past several years and I think it's great.
IMG_4899
At the Finding Nemo area of Epcot. This area is one of our favorites, as it is a large area of saltwater/reef aquariums.
IMG_4914
Test Track was a MAJOR favorite this time around. This area is another place they've boosted the line activities - you get to design your own car, and it's linked to your Magic Band so when you go through the ride, it lets your car compete with the other cars. It was pretty neat!
IMG_4877
IMG_4791
One morning, we booked appointments for the girls at the Bippity Boppity Boutique, leading into reservations for a Princess Lunch at Cinderella's Castle. We have professional pictures for this from our Memory Makers so I won't put a bunch here, but these were too cute not to share.
IMG_4794
IMG_4746
I won't really lie and say that I loved how Anna's turned out. I'm not even really sure she liked it either although she said she did, when I asked her. I'm not sure if it's just the hairstyle she picked (Ariel, to match her dress), or if her stylist just wasn't very experienced, but I wasn't happy with it. If we had had more time before lunch I would have asked her to just start over, to be honest. But...c'est la vie, right? I'm just pretty sure we wouldn't do the Boutique again, in hindsight. Maddie's hair turned out really cute, at least.
IMG_4869
They let the girls take their makeup home, so they insisted on doing their makeup every day as we were getting ready to leave the hotel!
IMG_4834
At the Princess lunch, inside the castle. We've also done the lunch in the Norway restaurant at Epcot and I think the one in the castle is better, although both are great.
IMG_4860
IMG_4828
IMG_4824
IMG_4819
IMG_4713
Dinner at the Rainforest Café
IMG_4666
IMG_4396
Drawing Mickey Mouse
IMG_4394
IMG_4384
IMG_4381
IMG_4367
IMG_4348
And how could we have a Disney trip without a family Mickey Bar photo?

No comments: